Sunday, February 12, 2012

THE LOSS OF A LEGEND: Whitney Houston has died at age 48

Here are a few facts that you may or may not know about her.
Whitney Houston, born on August 9, 1963, came from music business royalty. Her mother, Cissy Houston, was a backup singer for the likes of Elvis Presley, Mahalia Jackson, Luther Vandross and Aretha Franklin. Whitney’s cousin, Dionne Warwick, is an internationally recognized singing star. Whitney’s Godmother is Aretha Franklin.
Houston is the most awarded female recording artist of all time, according to the Guinness Book of World Records. Houston’s awards include: 2 Emmy Awards, 6 Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards.
Before she was a recording artist, Whitney Houston was one of the most in-demand teen models of all time. She was the first Black woman to appear on the cover of Seventeen magazine. She also appeared in the pages  of Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Young Miss, and a Canada Dry ginger ale TV commercial.
 Whitney Houston was a stalwart supporter the anti-apartheid movement and Nelson Mandela. During her days as a model, Houston refused to work with any agencies who did business with South Africa. In 1988, Houston performed a set at Wembley Stadium in London to celebrate  Nelson Mandela’s 70th birthday, who was still in prison at the time.
























  Whitney with South African President Nelson Mandela and Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev

What was Whitnay Huston's best song?
 








10
11
12
13 "How Will I Know?"
14 other


RIP Whitney - your music will live forever.

via wikipediadailymail.co.uk, dailybreeze.com, theboombox.com, ilikemusic.com, pinterest
                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                               Aurelia  
                                                                                                                



42 comments:

  1. Great post my dear it's so sad :(

    http://maryfashionlove.blogspot.com/
    Mary
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was amazing :) I'll always remember and love her. <3
    RIP Whitney...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sad. She was unique and so talented.
    Nice post and great selection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Очень и очень жаль, что такие талантливые люди покидают нас...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is so sad! My fav songs are I wanna dance with somebody and I have nothing:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad!!!! such a bag story and end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Безумно люблю её !грустно =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so devastated by her passing. She was the gold standard vocalist, in my book, and the timeline of my youth is marked by so many of her songs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so sad! :( You found so many amazing pictures of her. I love her smile!
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS SO MUCH SWEETIE! OF COURSE I FOLLOW BACK!
    XOXO,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sad! She was a great artist! Love her song!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so sad. My favorite song was "I wanna dance with somebody."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your lovely comment! Now I´m also your new follower. I love this post, those photos of Whitney are awesome! Such a big loss...
    xoxo
    http://silviasdailycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Her death is just such a loss to the music world. She was so beautiful and talented.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great loss & a beautiful tribute!
    x
    Melissah from Country Style Chic

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing tribute to an amazing woman! Thanks Aurelia.

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  17. She will always be remembered as the great woman she was..
    Beautiful tribute...

    ReplyDelete
  18. very well written:)
    Thank you for stopping by. I am your new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a lovely tribute, Aurelia. I feel so sad about her death. My favorite of her songs is I Will Always Love You.

    I hope you have a great week.
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a lovely tribute! Truly incredible hun! I was shocked about her death. She had an amazing voice, truly a legend! My favorite song is I Will Always Love You but I love Greatest Love of All as well! Then, there's I Have Nothing. She had so many wonderful songs that it's hard to choose. May she rest in peace.
    LB
    x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing post,it Was a vera sad new

    ReplyDelete
  22. It´s really sad. Great post! Have a lovely week <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely your post about Whitney! I am very sad about this great loss.
    R.I.P. Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very sad news. You have selected some lovely pictures of this beautiful lady. I love her songs.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another great loss! A fabulous voice :(

    My favorite song is "I Will Always Love You". You did a beautiful tribute for her :))

    Have a great week :)

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico em casa"



    ReplyDelete
  26. It was such a tragic death, and came as such a shock to me... I think you have done a beautiful tribute here. May she Rest in Peace. Great post to have made.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blog!
    a beautiful entrance to an artist who has been the best!
    I also follow you :)
    kisses smiling from http://alwaysssmiling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. She was a beautiful person, really soulful singer..
    RIP.


    Thank you for the comment. Have a good day,

    Satu
    Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  29. She was a diva, music is going to miss her.
    I'm following. xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. see was great..

    Also love your blog, if you have time
    pls look also at my blog and become a friend :)

    XO, Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. She was great singer and really gorgeous woman!!!
    Thank you for the support and for following...I'm following too!!!
    kisses Marika

    http://laviecestchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes! Thank you :D

    http://mygoldsecret.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a great post, Whitney will be missed - so much talent leaves this world.

    www.superclementina.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. She had a great voice! Unfortunately, her life changed and maybe the addictions won...
    RIP Witney *

    ReplyDelete
  35. She was a beautiful person, and had amazing voice.. This is such a great tribute to Whitney. Great selection of her photos! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  36. I was always fascinated by her. She was and is the best female singer the world has. She is of the same caliber as Michael Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Whitney Houston deserves many accolades! I loved the selection of photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. beautiful! also just learned cool new things about her

    ReplyDelete
  39. RIP Whitney :(
    I love all your songs, we will always love u, Wh...

    http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete